Aum is a universal mantra for all people and one not need the initiation of a master or guru to reap it’s endless benefits.
1) Sit comfortably either in Padmasana or Artha Siddhasana or Sukhasana.
2) Place your hands upon your thighs, and palm’s facing upwards.
3) Hold Yoga Mudra in both hands and eyes should be closed. Inhale slowly through your nose, once your lungs is full exhale from your mouth by pronouncing AUM until your full breath come out from the lungs.
4) All three word chanting should be approximately equal in time. While chanting Aaaaaa focus vibration one inch below your navel. It is the Manipura Chakra, one of the seven chakra in human body.
5) When you chant Uuuuuu focus vibration in chest area. It is the Anahata Chakra.
6) After that close you mouth and chant Mmmmmm. When chanting focus vibration in your throat and nose.
7) Similarly continue deep inhalation by nose and exhalation through mouth with chanting AUM.
*To experience the full benefit of AUM chanting to be done 15 minutes in morning and 15 minutes in evening.